Suffering from low back pain? Have you been diagnosed with a disc herniation or degenerative changes in the spine?
Have you had a recent back injury that is not resolving, and stopping you from doing the things you enjoy? Or perhaps your back pain started without any specific injury, and is persisting. You don't need to put up with back pain - our team at Flex have the knowledge and experience to help you back to your best!
Low back pain is a significant and widespread problem in today's society, with between 60-80% of the general population being affected by it at some point in their lives. The lumbar spine (lower part of the spine) is made up of vertebral bodies (bones), joints, ligaments, muscles, nerves and discs, that all work intricately together. Any number of these structures can be contributing to your pain, and a thorough chiropractic assessment is essential to understanding the particular nature of your low back pain, and how best to treat it.
Low back pain can arise due to a number of causes, such as:
- Repetitive loading/movements of the spine
- Postural and Ergonomics factors
- Sudden or traumatic injury to the spine
- Disc herniation/bulges
- Congenital deformities of the spine
- Degenerative changes in the spine - osteoarthritis, disc degeneration, etc.
How do we treat low back pain?
Some of the types of treatments often used to help patients with low back pain include:
- Spinal manipulative therapy
- Joint mobilisations
- Soft tissue manual therapies, such as trigger point therapy and muscle release techniques
- Assessment and correction of postural and ergonomic factors
- Rehabilitation exercises to improve core stability and correct movement patterns
- Advice on activity modification with daily activities contributing to your pain
Everyone's low back pain is uniquely different, and needs to be specific and individualised to address the symptoms and limitations you are experiencing. Our team at Flex have the expertise to guide you through pain relief and return to normal function, and give you the tools to prevent further recurrence in the future.Book Online Now