Treatment for hip pain in Mandurah
The hip is a ball and socket joint, with a number of surrounding muscles and ligaments that help support and stabilise the area. It is a joint that generally works quite hard, keeping us upright and carrying us around all day. Occasionally things can go wrong at the joint, leading to pain and dysfunction.
Some of the common causes for hip pain include:
- Greater Trochanteric Bursitis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Gluteal Tendinopathy (tendonitis, tendinosis)
- Muscle Tears
- Hip Labral Tears
- Snapping Hip Syndrome
- Hip Fractures
- Total Hip Replacements
- Referred pain from other areas (especially the lower back)
When we talk about hip pain, it can refer to either in the groin, on the side of the hip/pelvis or in the buttock, depending on the cause of your pain. Your chiropractor is skilled to diagnose the nature of your hip pain, refer you for any further investigations, and provide specific treatment for you.
Chiropractic Management of Hip Pain:
Depending on the nature of your hip pain, chiropractic treatment will focus on:
- Reducing pain and inflammation
- Improving range of motion and flexibility at the joint
- Improving strength and stability at the hip joint
- Improving core strength
- Increasing your ability to perform daily activities and return to full function
- Identify and modify any causative factors with posture, ergonomics and daily activities
If you are suffering with hip pain or stiffness, have a read of our blog "3 Exercises to Improve You Hip Strength and Mobility"
There are a variety of different causes for hip pain, so starting with a correct diagnosis is the key to full recovery. Our team at Flex Health Professionals are well experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of a range of hip conditions.